This design was inspired by a vintage Gunne Sax dress. A vintage recreation with the look and feel of authentic vintage style.
What I love about this dress is the beautiful feminine renaissance style paired with cotton silk for a perfectly pretty dress.
– an empire waist with long sleeves in breathable and natural fibers.
– modest sweetheart neckline with standing collar and lace up front
– billowing victorian sleeves with lace and two button cuffs
– three tier a-line skirt with gathered waist and a tie back
– modest floor-length hemline with a lace trim and wide ruffle
– 1970s inspired classic vintage modern dress
– lace trim throughout
[COLOR & FABRIC]
Portsea Marine Blue – no longer available
– the design is available in red or magenta
Florals – there are varieties of florals available all year long. contact me for current selection.
White – Off White – Ivory
– all of my materials can be custom dyed to your preference.
This dress can be made in cotton silk (shown), silk wool, cotton voile and rayon voile.
There are many floral options for cotton silk, cotton and rayon voile.
Cotton silk is light weight and has a billowing full body feeling. They are all extremely soft and comfortable. Rayon voile is heavier and has a drape that really falls against the lines of the body. Every blend ages well, keeping its structure and beauty.
Silk wool – Perfect for a pretty bohemian Victorian bridal look. It has the look of chiffon with a very nice drape falling smoothly over every curve. The fabric is delicate with light texture from the weave. It is naturally off-white and seems to improve with every wash adding age for an authentic vintage look and feel.
[F I T & MEASUREMENTS]
The dress is custom made to your measurements.
You will be sent detailed measuring instructions.
Have questions? Message me.
[S P E C S]
– the dress. Cotton/Slk, Silk/Wool, Cotton, or Rayon
– fully lined. cotton
– the trim. authentic vintage lace
– Center back closure
– Tie back
– Hand made in the USA
– Hand wash cold, lay flat to dry
Shop Gunne Sax Inspired dresses.
Visit my Etsy shop for Gunne Sax inspired dresses custom made for you. If you don’t see the one you’re looking for contact me directly.